Day 1: Hanoi – Bat Trang Pottery village - Overnight train to Sapa (no meals)
Pick up at your hotel in the afternoon, drive to Bat Trang. Situated on the left bank of the Red River, about 10km away from the center of Hanoi is the pottery village of Bat Trang. Bat Trang village, the most ancient and famous pottery village of Vietnam, continues to work today and is constantly developing. It is said that, the village took its first name from Bach Thu guild (a guild of Kaolin potters) and then it became Bat Trang guild (a guild of bowls and kilns). Bat Trang pottery has been distributed to every region of Vietnam and even to foreign countries, it is valued as typical pottery of Vietnam and has become well-known nationally and internationally. There are various kinds of pottery, for example jade enamel (under the Ly-Tran Dynasties), brown flower or brown enamel (under the late Tran to early Le Dynasties), cracked enamel (under the late Le Dynasty) and royal blue enameled items (under the late Le to Nguyen Dynasties).
17:00: Return to your hotel.
At 20:30, pick up at hotel, transfer without guide to Hanoi Railways Station for 4 berth compartment train. Overnight in the train.
Day 2: Lao Cai – Sapa – Lao Chai/Ta Van - Sapa (B)
Arrive at Lao Cai Train station at about 05.30. Take a transfer to Sapa.
Having breakfast and relax before explore Sapa Town. At a elevation of 1600 meters, Sapa is a delightful old French hill station situated in the mountainous region of Vietnams' northwest, close to the Chinese border. The region is home to many ethnic minorities groups all wearing their traditional and colourful attire.
Hike down to Lao Chai village to visit the Tay and Day tribes. Continue along the bottom of the Sapa valley to get to Ta Van village, which is supposed to be the most beautiful one in the area. Today you will spend abt 4 hours hiking. It depends on you if you want to hike more or less. At least you can see one village - it is a must (!), once in this region! Return to Sapa by motorbike or jeep.
Overnight at hotel
Day 3: Sapa – Ta Phin - Lao Cai (B/L)
After breakfast check out and get ready for the trip. Drive to the direction of Ta Phin village (abt 40 minutes)- home to the Red Dao people. Here you have the opportunity to share cultural experiences with the families of Black Hmong and Red Dao that live in the area. This will be about a 2 hour hiking experience. Picnic lunch.
The trip also offers you the opportunity to visit the local houses as well as visit the local caves. Continue drive to Lao Cai station for night train to Hanoi by 4 berth compartment train. Overnight trip.
Day 4: Hanoi Arrival
Our car will pick you up from the train.
Transfer without guide to your hotel in Hanoi. Early check in, breakfast not included. Trip ends here.
LAND SERVICE COST :
|| 1 pax
|| 2 pax
- Breakfast and accommodation sharing a double room.
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above
- Travel in an appropriate private air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced safe driver.
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary (please note: guides will be on hand from pick-up until guests' return to their hotel or reaching their destination).
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the programme.
- One picnic lunch while touring to Ta Phin as specified
- Roundtrip train ticket Hanoi - Lao Cai - Hanoi, first class tourist train
- Mineral water and wet wipe
- VAT and other taxes
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Camera fees (if any)
- Tipping fees
Hotels in use: